Shade of Belevros Misinformation

SUPER enjoy this game, but am frustrated by mixed messages from previous players.
In playthrough 1, I did not release the Shade of Belevros. I heard that if you did NOT fight the Shade, you can revisit/reset after, which I don’t think is true. I have revisited/reset all on different difficulties and alas, I have found the sarcophagus, but the prompt when you approach is gone. There is no sound, no scratching, the coffin just sits. I have heard from other posters that you can find the Shade in the Endless Arena. I have done 1 run so far, up to level 27 and no dice. Has anyone done what I did and seen the Shade in the Arena? Has anyone else found the sarcophagus but not been able to do anything?

Same answer as in the other post.
You have to be more persistence.
It’s indeed an error of the DEV IMO to make the shade so rare. It’s just frustrating… I was frustrated as well and I wanted to quit many times.
But eventually I was able to kill him.(Steam)

I heard that if you did NOT fight the Shade, you can revisit/reset after, which I don’t think is true

It’s true! (Steam)
… but it’s so rare that it’s crazy and frustrating.

Thank you. You were right. I did a second run and got no further than Wave 10 before I saw I was fighting the Shade of Belevros and Lord Belevros. I was so excited.

1 Like