Airship Community

PS4 Issue: Occasional crashes

Happens a lot to me as well, here are the infos:

Had a pink screen when I reached Cantinna and found Knolan, went to the place where you can watch videos, and it happened. Saved to the menu, launched back and then blue screen error, had to restart the game. I’m afraid of save corrupt so I will hold playing until a patch is out. Gotta say that for such a critical issue it is disappointing to see such a long time to get it fixed and even see it existing altogether…

Game is great though, so this is only more frustrating :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, amazing accomplishment by Joe, Rob & team, kudos guys and godspeed with the fixes!

Nooooo I’m not begging for a free copy, I STATED that is the only thing that would bring me back to being a consumer of their products. You know, like if you WENT to a restaurant and they screwed up your meal? They comp your meal and give you a refund so you will want to come back and give them a second chance. :slight_smile:

In no way do I deem myself more special, only that I was sold a broken product (even after the first patch I waited for) and got a refund and if they want me to give them a second chance for the awful experience of losing my save data, it would require a comped game or something significant to bring me back for that awful blunder.

The chance to make amends is the last opportunity for a company which makes a mistake to it’s customers. I’m giving them that chance. Some companies won’t do anything, as a result I don’t do anymore business with them. The companies that do make amends I come back to and then continue to buy their products as I trust that if there is ever a problem they will make it right if they care about their customers and not just about the bottom dollar.

Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone makes amends for them. Those that do are the ones I will continue to buy from as they have my trust that they care about those that purchase and use their products.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? Slim
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? Disc
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? Yes
About how long have you played? 33+ hrs
How often has the game crashed for you? 15+ times (reported some of them thru the console)
Have you had your save data get corrupted? Not yet, and I hope it doesnt happen.
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? No, just the game.

You sound ridiculously entitled. Even some people who’ve lost 60 hours haven’t returned and requested a free copy of the game. (Which is what you’ve done, implicitly or not. Passive aggression is still aggression.)

From the way the game crashes, you did it to yourself. You got dozens of warnings, i.e. multiple crashes before your save data was corrupted. I bet you even knew that it was possible for your save data to be corrupted before it actually happened.

The second time the game crashed for me I did a quick Google search to find out what was going on, discovered the issue was corrupting save files and promptly put the game on hold until a patch comes out. Aka the common sense thing to do.

After the first few crashes, the fault at least lies a bit on you for not looking into the matter before continuing onwards. And the fault is even moreso on your side if you decided to keep playing after knowing that it was possible for your save data to be corrupted.

The devs have done the right thing. They promptly owned up to it, explained the situation, and have been working hard to rectify it.

Restaurants don’t always have to comp your meal if its sent back and corrected, because you still got what you paid for. In probably just a few days, at most a week I’d bet, the game will be fixed and you would’ve still received what you paid for. Instead, you let your emotions get the best of you and your throwing a passive aggressive little temper tantrum.

I hope they don’t give you anything.

2 Likes

Hey guys, in case you missed the update on this, please check it out here:

Of course we’re super sorry for this, but the proof will be in the pudding. We’re busting ass to get it fixed. There’s a process we have to go through since it’s a console (including a submission to Sony), but please check out the update.

We understand the frustration, and are very appreciative of those who are sticking through it. We want this issue in the rear view mirror!

4 Likes

Me to! I just want to be able to play this game,!!! I had fun for the 11ish hours I’ve played but can’t risk the corrupted files happening.

PS4
NA
Download
13 Hours
8 times
Nope
I haven’t
No

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? PS4 Pro
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? Disc
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? Yes
About how long have you played? 3hours then corrupted data.
How often has the game crashed for you? Once in 3 hours.
Have you had your save data get corrupted? Yes
How are you backing up your save data? I haven’t
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? No

I will not play this game again until you’ve patched the issue. Already wasted 3 hours, I will not waste more. Backing up data every hour is not an acceptable solution. I’d rather use my time playing a game that’s not bugged.

-PS4
-NA
-Downloaded game
-Not 100%, but pretty sure I have the update
-over 13 hours of gameplay
-The game crashes pretty much every time I come out of a dungeon. So far, it’s been able to auto-save beforehand, but it’s super annoying have to load the game again every time.
-No corrupted save data yet
-No back up
-nothing running in background

Do you guys have any ETA on when this’ll be fixed? I’m not upset in any way and I know it’s only been out for a week, but I’m just curious.

First of all, thank you for this wonderfull game. I´d love to see more of this type. Many of our visitors on the Gamesvention played it and gave a good review.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
PS4 Pro

EU or NA?
EU

Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
Downloaded

Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
Yes

About how long have you played?
About 30+ Hours

How often has the game crashed for you?
About 6 Times

Have you had your save data get corrupted?
Nope

How are you backing up your save data?
Cloud

Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
Nope

Additional: Most of the Crashes where exactly after leaving a dungeon or the arena.
I just pressed X to jump over pink cutsceens. The game didn´t crash afterwards.
The Slime in the Sewer and in the Well never spawns, after a short time the camera
focuses the party again and that´s it. I can´t move afterwards. But i can call the menue to
save and quit without problems.

Hope i could help. As fellow developer, best regards to your team. I know what it means to
debug for errors in the code :stuck_out_tongue:

Cya Izu

PS4
EU or NA?
EU
Disc
Yes
+30 hours
4 times
Yes, today after almost a week with the game. Fortunately I did had a previous save file on my cloud, so I only lost an hour of gameplay and it wasn’t that big of a deal, I could do it again in 20 minutes.

It was during a single spider fight in the map when it crashed and corrupted my file
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
No

Locke, chill dude. It’s sad you have nothing better to do than attack people online. I stated my peace. Now you bring negativity into the online world. Take a deep breath, it’s a game. I got my money back, I’m happy :sunny: I wanted to say it would take something from them to earn my trust back.

Pro
EU or NA?
NA
Disc
Yes
~12 hrs
Roughly every 90 minutes
No, stopped playing after it crashed trying to leave the bar Knolan was found at
PS+ manual update
Nope

-PS4
EU or NA?
-NA
-Downloaded
-yes
-Over 13hrs
-Once
-Corrupted
-Normal in game saves
-No other apps in the background

Hey,

First off what an amazing game! Unfortunately though I have been having some serious problems with crashing, long load times for battles, and sometimes not being able to access the use of the x button in dungeons. I will also answer you questions.

-Using PS4 Pro Destiny white version. NA
-Playing from the downloaded game
-Installed and updated to the latest version of 1.01
-I’m about 20 hours plus in.
-The game only started crashing regularly after the first dungeon. Now it’s crashing Everyday, sometimes two to three times a day.
-I have not had my data corrupted yet, as I have now backed it up from coming across this board.
-USB
-There are no other apps running in the background.

Sadly… I will have to stop playing this game until you guys figure it out and come back with a patch.

Hello,

Here is the informations :

PS4 Pro
EU
Downloaded game
11 hours
Crashed 5 times
No corruption
I didn’t backup my saved data
I play with the game opened only (no other apps)

Good luck !

We really need a manual save that we can go back to if the autosave gets corrupted. It feels like I am gambling with all of my progress (30 hrs so far) every time that I play. I don’t have access to the online storage and my removable media is NTFS format, not FAT32.

2 Likes

We really need a manual save that we can go back to if the autosave gets corrupted. I am enjoying the game a lot, but it feels like I am gambling with all of my progress (32 hrs so far) every time that I play. I don’t have access to the online storage and my removable media is NTFS format, not FAT32.

3 Likes

Hey, everyone! Update on this issue:

We’re working hard on getting a fix in for these crashes, and we will be releasing a patch very soon that does a lot of different things to protect PS4 save files from corruption, including keeping a backup of your last save internally, so even if a save gets damaged for any reason, running the game again should revert a save to the last backup.
These changes will hopefully guarantee save files are not ever lost on PS4, regardless of crashes, power surges and small children tripping over cords.

In the meantime, before you delete your presumably damaged save file in order to start a new one, take a moment to see the actual state of your save files in the Settings application of your PS4:

• Move up on your controller from the Playstation home screen to select the top bar
  • Go to the second from the last option on the right, the Settings icon, to enter Settings
  • Select Application Saved Data Management
  • Select Saved Data in System Storage
  • Select the Delete option (this is the best way to see all the data available for a title)
  • Select Battle Chasers: Nightwar from the list of titles you have saved data for

You’ll see a screen like this one:

If you see a slot with Corrupted Data, like I have, this save file is regrettably corrupted.

If all your saves look good in the System Storage, please try reloading your game, and let us know if reloading it fixes the “Invalid File” state of your save file or not!

Thank you very much for your patience in this, guys, and know we’re working around the clock to get this resolved.

Andres

4 Likes