UPDATE: We’ve updated the experimental branch again with some fixes to things that were supposed to be fixed but weren’t working quite right.
We have some more bug fixes coming soon! You can get a look at them early in the experimental branch! Once we determine the patch is stable, we will push it live.
OPTING INTO THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH:
Remember, this is risky! Please do this only if you’re excited to help us test some changes.
One of the most important things you can help us test are the validity and stability of existing save files with these updates. It’s important that you back up your existing save before opting into the experimental branch, in the event problems occur!
To back up your Steam save files:
Go to a directory something like: %appdata%\…\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar<Your 64 bit steam ID here>\saves
Copy the save files there into a new, separate directory outside of the BattleChasersNightwar directory.
Every time you launch the game, Steam will copy the save files from the cloud into your saves directory. (When the game shuts down, it does the reverse.) Because of this, if you’re trying to copy your save files back into the saves directory, start Battle Chasers: Nightwar up first. Then while you are at the START screen, copy the save files into place. If copy saves over before launching, they’ll get stomped by the Steam cloud saves.
Switching to the Experimental Branch:
Right click the game in your Steam library and choose Properties > Betas
In the field next to “Check Code”, enter the following pasword: ireadthenotes
This should unlock the Experimental branch
In the drop down, select the Experimental branch to begin downloading it
To switch back to the normal game, select “None – Opt Out”.
Your help testing these changes is hugely appreciated. Following are patch notes detailing some of the changes:
Patch Notes for build v.23270
- New options added to the Options menus:
- Keyboard remapping is finally here for PC/Mac! Simply go to Options > Controls and rebind away!
- Setting to play videos
- Show interaction outlines in combat/dungeons
- Hold left click to Move
- Completing a dungeon in Mythic mode also counts toward the Completing all dungeons on Legendary achievement.
- Added a fix that retroactively awards you the 100% Bestiary Completion achievement if it was not awarded to you properly on earning it.
- Airships now remain spawned on the World Map when they have been spawned prior from completing a dungeon.
- Players can now flee from Hunt bosses if they realize they’re in over their heads. You will flee back to the World Map when you try to escape from a Hunt encounter.
- Hunt Quests have had their levels adjusted slightly to give players better warning about their difficulty.
- Players who defeated Bhargus but did not receive the Purgatory Stone should now find it in their inventory.
- Switching characters while viewing a Mastery perk will update the UI accordingly with the next character’s Mastery Perk.
- We added an entry for the highest difficulty completed for a dungeon in the Dungeon Codex.
- You will not get a Legendary Dungeon warning for a dungeon in progress.
- Skipping through the Combat Victory screens now appropriately skips the reveal animation for your loot so you can see it before you exit combat.
- You now get toasts for loot obtained when skipping the Combat Victory screen altogether.
- Minor UI fixes.
- Various minor fixes.
- Fix for hang when accessing the Tolkas Arena.
- Fix for Razer headset drivers crashing.
- Cinematic video sound is now tied to the Music volume in options, so you can keep the Voice high and better listen to dialogue over the music and sound effects.
PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH IN THIS THREAD!