Airship Community

When will we receive our rewards?

There was a signed print?

Yes!
As a Add on:

And also at the 400$ pledge:
400-pledge

Note: The artbook is also signed. Those signed stuff may also differ their shipment since Joe & the Airship team have some extra work to do.

Not quite. I had the New History Edition tier (Post-Kickstarter, from the store), and my art book and print both came signed with the rest (shirt, poster, and map). The book was just signed by Joe Mad, but the Print was signed by 11 people, including Joe Mad (Presumably Joe Mad and 10 folks from the Airship Dev Team).

1 Like

Not going to lie, I wasn’t impressed with the book but don’t feel ripped off either.

I never got the Darksiders Artbooks, but I can see why people who had are peeved by the ones for this game. Especially if you’re expecting more and it was supposed to be the crown of your rewards for backing. As I paid more to have other rewards, if I want a better Artbook I’ll just make one and try to get Joe Mad to sign it in the future. Honestly, having the PDF for the Artbook was more than enough for me. I didn’t need the same thing twice.

Today I received my Package “Ultimate Collectors Edition”… I feel completely ripped off. When I saw Joe Madureira do a video game about BattleChasers I wanted to contribute as much as I could. $200 I spent on their rewards including:

1 - Battle Chasers: Nightwar limited edition
2 - High-quality T-Shirt;
3 - Physical copy of the Battle Chasers: Nightwar art book
4 - Cloth map of the Lost Vale printed on authentic flour sack cloth
5 - Limited edition 11x17 print featuring the key art from Nightwar;
6 - and your name upgraded to Hall of Paladins on Battlechasers.com!

And this MOTHERFUKING SHIT is what I received:

OK, lets go in detail:

1 - Battle Chasers: Nightware Limited Edition
Limited WHAT? Where’s my limited edition? I paid 200$ and I don’t have a poor physical GAME? Limited what? WHAT??

2 - High-quality T-Shirt
No man, this is not a HIGH-QUALITY… this is a normal tshirt. Besides, I’m sure if I wear the T-shirt it will get undone with the contact on my skin. I understand this is just a photo, but the touch is very ugly. I personally wouldn’t pay more than $5 for this shirt. In addition to the promotional image of KS, the shirt was white with the logo of Battlechasers in Orange (the original logo, not this shit)

3 - Physical copy of the Battle Chasers: Nightwar art book
This shit is the “artbook” they promised us. A “Artbook” compared to the currency of my country, the EURO. See how ridiculous the book looks? At the zoo in my city I am given a larger book and many more pages just to visit the zoo. FREE. NO COMMENTS.

4 - Cloth map of the Lost Vale printed on authentic flour sack cloth
Look at this, man! This is not a dishcloth I bought in a pack of 6 rags for $2 No. This is the so-called Battlechasers map in flour sack fabric. I could clean my windows with him and I’m not sure they’re too clean.

**5 - Limited edition 11x17 print featuring the key art from Nightwar; **
This so-called Limited edition brought a poster. Well, this poster is the same image that came out in 2016 and that everyone has seen, and you can find in FULL HD anywhere on the Internet (I myself had that image as wallpaper on my PC) and in any store you can print for less than $2. This is absurd.

JOE MADUREIRA AND AIRSHIP, YOU SUCK. You suck a lot. I was a really fan of JOE, i’ve 32 years old and i meet the art of Joe when i’ve 15. You was one of my favourites artist, but now, you betrayed me… me and lot of people that we trusted you. I’M REALLY ANGRY ABOUT THIS SHIT.

I hope an apology on your part and wou will solve all this, but I will send this scam to all web pages of video games to see what kind of shit company is AIRSHIP and how it treats their “backers”. Kotaku, Gamasutra among others. And do not worry, I have taken screenshot of all messages if you decide to delete them. Greetings.

2 Likes

Same for me… except I’m still waiting for my “wonderful” Personal Edition (355$ for… not much until now)

This is nothing but a scam.

I contacted my lawyer to ask for legal actions a few days ago. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Any News on the reward items? All I have is the game, which I havent even played yet, since I do not have a system. I backed the campaign just for the Art Book…Its almost been 4 years guys!!! What the Hell? Give us something or give us our money back. I will gladly send the un opened game back. Right now, its the most expensive, un-played game in history.

Apparently the shipping company are still waiting for Airship/Joe to supply them with everything to send. It really goes to show how little they care for the backers of this project as they already have a full artbook for DS3 soon to be released… while we still wait.

I can’t tell for all the tiers that don’t include an original art by Joe.
But for the tiers with an original art, when I see the quality of that art (see below), I can only say that Joe is doing his best to make those arts awesome.
Considering that, I’m just happy to wait even more.

Sure the people who are waiting on the art will want something special, however to the rest of us it seems that they are more than capable of producing an artbook for DS3 and getting that ready for people to buy, and not prioritize the 3year overdue artbook we have already paid for. I guess for me that just shows that they only care about the $$$ and not the fans._

There is a ‘Report this project to Kickstarter’ button at the bottom of the Kickstarter page should people feel it necessary to flag this project given the concerns of rewards, and the quality/time taken.

Answer from Joe today to a backer:

I’ve still yet to receive any physical rewards as well, I’ve got to think twice now anytime I decide to back something on Kickstarter. I am so disappointed.

I’ve received everything that I backed (Ultimate Collector’s Edition) and considering that there are other Kickstarter projects that I’ve donated to WAYYYYYYY before Battle Chasers: Nightwar, I feel as though I’ve gotten my end of the bargain.

I had sent an email to Airship asking for more updates and better communication on Wednesday.

Good news though, yesterday an email came with a tracking number. :smiley: This is a much bigger improvement from the last shipment.

This is probably just for the Art Books though, still zilch and buptkis on the sketch and the Issue #10… Still no reply from Airship themselves though.

The package came in today! I received the new art book, instruction manual, and 3 stickers (Gully, Enchantress, and Garrison).

IMG_20190520_112233658|374x500

I received my rewards today :smiley: thank you so much :smiley: definitely worth the wait :smiley:

did you get an original sketch?

nope sorry i did only back the ultimate collector

My only physical reward was the “sack cloth”-map but that still is nowhere to be seen.