Airship Community

UI updates stop during battles but sound continues to work

@ortizgames I asked this question on Steam …

I’m getting pretty fed up with this kind of bug. Basically, the UI quits refreshing during a battle. This includes all animations and menus. The sound & music continue to work. In fact, when the game is stuck in this state, the AI will perform an action when it is its turn. Of course, I can only hear what the attack is.

After this most recent update, this issue is happening more frequently and the game is basically unplayable now. I can’t even make it past the second battle in the arena. The only way to quit the game is to Alt-Tab and then Alt-F4.

I would really like to know how I can get around this problem. I have had to restart too many legendary dungeons and I’m getting ready to delete the game.

I’ve attached my log file …

output_log.txt (83.1 KB)

0 Likes

Hey, @treddy73,

We’re really sorry this is happening to you; other players have reported this same issue, which lines up with what we see in your log, and we’re trying to figure out a fix.

Unfortunately, as outlined here Plese, help me, I'm sick of this stupid bug and I don't want to leave the game we’ve found that this is a bug with the Unity engine on some machines, and we may not have enough control over the engine to fix the problem.

The good news is that as a workaround, you can play the game on Safe Mode (DX9 Mode) by right clicking on the game on Steam and selecting Play in Safe Mode. You will not get the screen freeze in DX9 Mode.

Please let us know if this helps, and thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

0 Likes