Suggestion: Animation Speed-Up Option

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game’s general art direction and battle system. The character designs, vfx and movements are stylish, and the meat of the RPG genre is all there. The actual interactive portion of combat is fun, but the length of the battle animations–especially after seeing the same moves hundreds of times–makes a the fights feel more like a chore than an engaging activity for a lot of people, myself included.

Here are a few threads from the game’s Steam forums asking for a speed-up option:

Several RPGs offer this feature: fast-forwarding in Bravely Default and FF12 Zodiac Age, and turning off cinematics entirely in Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Bravely Default handles it best IMO, letting you set the speed to 2x, 4x, 1/2x and even pause the playback entirely, all in the middle of battle animations. Personally I wish all RPGs implemented playback speed like this, because I like to set the speed to normal when seeing a new monster/ability then turn it up after seeing it a few times. Plenty of people like watching all of the spells and attacks play out in full, but others should be able to enjoy the combat at the speed they prefer.

Same here, I think that would be a great feature to add! I really want to play more but I can’t commit hours at a time to play. Especially when I’m just kinda grinding, it would be nice if I could speed up the animations. :slight_smile:

speed up would be nice but also some animations in general though in motion at time so not lock us all the way through such as an example using Defend.

i could see them adding a speed up option in the future but that wouldnt be until the performance issues are settles. there’s still a lot of choppiness that happens and crashes that need to be fixed.