Some more feedback after 20 hours of play

Overall still great fun, can’t wait for the final game to release and pick up with my party where I left off!

I finished the campaign after around 17 hours without great haste, doing several dungeon re-runs, arena visits and hunting down bosses.

Additional feedback since my original post:

• Enchanting recipes don’t tell you exactly what they do, so you have to buy them blind and hope for the best. I ended up strongly preferring one or two enchantments, the rest felt like I wasted precious gold.
  • Similar for upgrading your vendors. It’s pretty costly, especially for the blacksmith, and not knowing what you get out of it exactly doesn’t feel too good.
  • Walking speed on map and in dungeon if you just want to get from point A to point B after clearing everything, does tend to feel a bit tedious.
  • Similar the animations at the start and end of combat or the bursts. They are lovely and well made. I enjoy them a lot. After seeing them 20+ times not being able to click them away becomes tedious though, when I just feel like finishing the fight and move on (or level up another character by dragging him through lower level dungeons).
  • Going back and leveling the other party members you didn’t play with, isn’t the most fun experience. It feels to me that I am encouraged to stick to a party of 3, and neglect the rest.
  • I wish there was other things to find from fishing but things to turn into shadow coins. Some unique buff food maybe, or quality of life / cosmetic rewards would be really nice to discover every now and then.
  • Not a big fan of the 10% proc enchantments, they feel not worth it. Always sticking to permanent enchantments (such as +crit), as they are more reliable and just seem stronger overall.
  • Level feels negligible compared to item stats. My Garrison died every other fight, simply because he was lacking stamina on 2 of his items, which ended up making a ~40% life total difference to Calibretto. I think a bit more of stat scaling into level ups and based on role would be nice, and a bit less emphasis on finding or crafting the right gear. (Current system again discourages switching party members regularly, as you need to farm good gear for everyone.)
  • Personal dilemma: I want Calibretto to go first during my fights, so he may buff the party up or apply the sunder debuff before his allies attack. Unlike our little tank, who has a great perk option to start with a massive haste buff for a round, Calibretto seems to be missing suitable options for that, and it seems it comes down to 90% of having found the right gear (and I couldn’t find much haste things for him yet).
  • Absolutely adore the cutscenes / mini videos, so cool!

Think that’s it for now.

Thanks for a great experience, and keep it up! :slight_smile:
-Crux

Ah yes, and single in stealth enemies are simply annoying, wasting lots of turns on buffing and or defensive stances. Especially if their first action is to ready an attack with “…”.