PS4 Issue: Occasional crashes

Locke, chill dude. It’s sad you have nothing better to do than attack people online. I stated my peace. Now you bring negativity into the online world. Take a deep breath, it’s a game. I got my money back, I’m happy :sunny: I wanted to say it would take something from them to earn my trust back.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
Pro
EU or NA?
NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
Disc
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
Yes
About how long have you played?
~12 hrs
How often has the game crashed for you?
Roughly every 90 minutes
Have you had your save data get corrupted?
No, stopped playing after it crashed trying to leave the bar Knolan was found at
How are you backing up your save data?
PS+ manual update
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
Nope

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
-PS4
EU or NA?
-NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
-Downloaded
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
-yes
About how long have you played?
-Over 13hrs
How often has the game crashed for you?
-Once
Have you had your save data get corrupted?
-Corrupted
How are you backing up your save data?
-Normal in game saves
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
-No other apps in the background

Hey,

First off what an amazing game! Unfortunately though I have been having some serious problems with crashing, long load times for battles, and sometimes not being able to access the use of the x button in dungeons. I will also answer you questions.

-Using PS4 Pro Destiny white version. NA
-Playing from the downloaded game
-Installed and updated to the latest version of 1.01
-I’m about 20 hours plus in.
-The game only started crashing regularly after the first dungeon. Now it’s crashing Everyday, sometimes two to three times a day.
-I have not had my data corrupted yet, as I have now backed it up from coming across this board.
-USB
-There are no other apps running in the background.

Sadly… I will have to stop playing this game until you guys figure it out and come back with a patch.

Hello,

Here is the informations :

PS4 Pro
EU
Downloaded game
11 hours
Crashed 5 times
No corruption
I didn’t backup my saved data
I play with the game opened only (no other apps)

Good luck !

We really need a manual save that we can go back to if the autosave gets corrupted. It feels like I am gambling with all of my progress (30 hrs so far) every time that I play. I don’t have access to the online storage and my removable media is NTFS format, not FAT32.

We really need a manual save that we can go back to if the autosave gets corrupted. I am enjoying the game a lot, but it feels like I am gambling with all of my progress (32 hrs so far) every time that I play. I don’t have access to the online storage and my removable media is NTFS format, not FAT32.

Hey, everyone! Update on this issue:

We’re working hard on getting a fix in for these crashes, and we will be releasing a patch very soon that does a lot of different things to protect PS4 save files from corruption, including keeping a backup of your last save internally, so even if a save gets damaged for any reason, running the game again should revert a save to the last backup.
These changes will hopefully guarantee save files are not ever lost on PS4, regardless of crashes, power surges and small children tripping over cords.

In the meantime, before you delete your presumably damaged save file in order to start a new one, take a moment to see the actual state of your save files in the Settings application of your PS4:

• Move up on your controller from the Playstation home screen to select the top bar
  • Go to the second from the last option on the right, the Settings icon, to enter Settings
  • Select Application Saved Data Management
  • Select Saved Data in System Storage
  • Select the Delete option (this is the best way to see all the data available for a title)
  • Select Battle Chasers: Nightwar from the list of titles you have saved data for

You’ll see a screen like this one:

If you see a slot with Corrupted Data, like I have, this save file is regrettably corrupted.

If all your saves look good in the System Storage, please try reloading your game, and let us know if reloading it fixes the “Invalid File” state of your save file or not!

Thank you very much for your patience in this, guys, and know we’re working around the clock to get this resolved.

Andres

Where is the PS4 Patch?
Crashes/glitches
PlayStation 4 Technical Problem Update
New update issues

Darn, I figured the corrupt save file had no hope but I wanted to at least keep it until your team confirmed it.
I really do love your game, just caught me off guard with a broken save file. I’ll move forward from a previous save and continue to enjoy your wonderful game! ^-^

Hey everyone!

First of: Thank you Airship Synd. for releasing this game! A turn-based rpg like this is a dream come true for me. It looks gorgeous and I can’t wait to buy and play it. I’ll (of course) wait with my purchase until the crashes and save-corruption has been fixed.

In the meantime I’d like to ask if the endgame has been changed? I read some spoiler-free reviews in which most reviewers agreed that the endgame is too easy and that you’ll basically blaze through - has this feedback reached Airship and maybe been fixed? :slight_smile:

I really hope that this game becomes a success and that other turn-based rpgs will follow. It’s either this or waiting ages for a new Dragon Quest game :wink:

Hi @Swimfan! We most definitely address those endgame concerns. We reduced the amount of grinding neccessary (which was another complaint) and also tweaked a lot of the end game perks/combos that were making the end trivial. NG+ is also much more challenging too! :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s fantastic news!
So looking forward to this :slight_smile:

I saw a trailer only a week ago and fell in love with the art-style and the classic approach to turn-based battle systems (can’t wait to try that old wizard character) while also adding personal touches.
I’d also like to congratulate you for your transparency and care with the community - kinda reminds of BioWare before they became EA’s lapdogs.

Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate everyone’s patience with this issue. We are devastated anytime we hear a person’s save was corrupted. We’ve put in a lot of love into the game and really want people to enjoy it and know its really hard to come back from a corrupted save like that :frowning:

“[…]It looks gorgeous and I can’t wait to buy and play it.”

I love Battle Chasers comic book and the art of Joe Madureira! I want play this game as soon as possible.

Thanks for the support, Airship! Good luck! o/

Do u think we will have the patch this weekend?

Depends on Sony :-/ Wouldn’t be surprised if not.

@Airship-Steve

You mentioned that this patch will fix some bugs and helps protect the savegames better.
Does that mean that the source of the crashes isn’t found yet? (Not judging just asking).

Also: Since you’re already really good at communicating, I’d like to give you a hint doing something I saw with another game before:
They had a really devestating bug (like this one) while also being very transparent. Once they found the source and patched it, they explained exactly what the cause was in some short sentences. This kinda helped players on their forum grasp what the team went through (even if they didn’t have the programing knowledge) and could identify with them. They needed 6 month(!) to fix the problem but no one was really angry with them bc. they even tried to explain the problem itself once it was fixed :wink:

• Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
    PS4

• EU or NA?
    NA

• Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
    Download

• Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
    Not sure, just downloaded it and started playing

• About how long have you played?
    4.5 hours

• How often has the game crashed for you?
    Once

• Have you had your save data get corrupted?
    No

• How are you backing up your save data?
    Not backing up

• Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
    No app on background

My problem is not with corrupted save files. I was at the boss of the first dungeon and when the cut scene was supposed to trigger, what I got was just a pink screen. I was able to skip it but I’m going to my third try and still wasn’t able to watch it.

Another thing, already cleaned the dungeon twice and wasn’t able to find the last piece of the Bandit Reports, even got the item that show where items are and nothing. Is this so well hidden?

After 4.5 hours playing the game crashed, with the error CE-34878-0, and when I tried to run it again, it just stood in a black screen. Had to re-download it.

Hope this will help you guys and that we all hear from you soon. Loving the game btw.

If you’re following this thread and having these issues, note that we have a patch up now:

I’ve played for 7 hours since the update. 0 issues so far. Thanks for all the hard work! :slight_smile: