Hey, everyone! Update on this issue:
We’re working hard on getting a fix in for these crashes, and we will be releasing a patch very soon that does a lot of different things to protect PS4 save files from corruption, including keeping a backup of your last save internally, so even if a save gets damaged for any reason, running the game again should revert a save to the last backup.
These changes will hopefully guarantee save files are not ever lost on PS4, regardless of crashes, power surges and small children tripping over cords.
In the meantime, before you delete your presumably damaged save file in order to start a new one, take a moment to see the actual state of your save files in the Settings application of your PS4:
- Move up on your controller from the Playstation home screen to select the top bar
- Go to the second from the last option on the right, the Settings icon, to enter Settings
- Select Application Saved Data Management
- Select Saved Data in System Storage
- Select the Delete option (this is the best way to see all the data available for a title)
- Select Battle Chasers: Nightwar from the list of titles you have saved data for
You’ll see a screen like this one:
If you see a slot with Corrupted Data, like I have, this save file is regrettably corrupted.
If all your saves look good in the System Storage, please try reloading your game, and let us know if reloading it fixes the “Invalid File” state of your save file or not!
Thank you very much for your patience in this, guys, and know we’re working around the clock to get this resolved.