PS4 Issue: Occasional crashes

Was your save data corrupted at all or just crashed?

Will there be a patch for PS4 by Tuesday?

The file was corrupted, but I was able to download my save file from online. (Options on the home screen on PS4 while on the game icon) At first it still didn’t work so I left it for a couple days and waited for a patch. Then I checked again and my save file was available.

The only way you could bring me back (and convince me to regrind all my lost gear) would be if I got a code for a digital copy of the game. I’m serious

Lol :smiley: So you already got refunded after returning your game and now begging for a free copy? Why would they even do that? What happened to the game on launch is really unfortunate, but it doesn’t mean that the game should be free to play for everyone now. Or you meant free game copy for yourself only? Not for everyone else? What makes you special then? You got your money back, be happy and farewell… :wink:

What Airship Studios really could do is to give everyone who bought the game on launch (and played before patch) some cool in-game item or some other digital gift. I personally do not own the game (I will buy it immediately after it gets patched) but I still wish that everyone else, who is trapped in this save corruption nightmare, gets some “sorry gift” from developers :slight_smile:

Hi,
I downloaded the game the other day.
After the initial screen it goes black and thats it, nothing happens.
My first thought was that the data was corrupt.
So I cleared some more space for it, deleted and downloaded again.
The result is the same.
Have anyone encountered the same?
What can be the problem?

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
PS4
EU or NA?
EU
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
Downlod
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
Yes
About how long have you played?
0 hours
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
No

HI, I too have experienced the dreaded Pink screen (in Iron Outpost) and many crashes after leaving dungeons.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? PS4
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? Downloaded
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? Only downloaded version from PS
About how long have you played? 12 hours or so
How often has the game crashed for you? 6-8 times
Have you had your save data get corrupted? Thankfully, No
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? No

Now SInce you guys suggested the Save and return to Load screen, then close the application, although its annoying I’ve done this every time I finish a dungeon and have played the first 3 dungeons over and have had No problems, I even was able to get the Video at the end of the Iron Outpost just before the final battle. I’ve played Junktown dungeon numerous times, each time using save and return to load screen then closing app after killing the final boss and have had zero crashes since doing this, thanks for your help, hope you get a patch out soon.

For me, crash appears after 1 hour playing or something, mostly in the end of a dungeon, after lots of fight (don’t know if it crash after 1hour of battle in world map for example).
Here my playing cycle :

• when i’m in the boss stage, (most of the time, i got pink screen instead of cinematic) I know the crash will come soon.
  • I defeat the boss and take the dungeon chest
  • then i save and exit to main menu - I close the game, save file on usb
  • and i can restart the game, close the dungeon and continue the game. :slight_smile:

Almost no more crash for me. :smile:

I’ve only had one blank screen, was green though not pink, heh, but quite a few crashes, and arena + slime boss not accessible, but thankfully no data corruptions! Is anyone else having issues with icons on the map areas in legendary? Am seeing forge table, fishing area & treasure chest icons for areas that absolutely do not have those things in them! To be fair only encountered in Junk Town so far, but still…

PS4

EU or NA?
EU

Disc

Yes

22 hours

How often has the game crashed for you?
10+ times

Have you had your save data get corrupted?
No and hopefully this won’t happen…

Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
No

Cheers!
Fauf~

Happens a lot to me as well, here are the infos:

Had a pink screen when I reached Cantinna and found Knolan, went to the place where you can watch videos, and it happened. Saved to the menu, launched back and then blue screen error, had to restart the game. I’m afraid of save corrupt so I will hold playing until a patch is out. Gotta say that for such a critical issue it is disappointing to see such a long time to get it fixed and even see it existing altogether…

Game is great though, so this is only more frustrating :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, amazing accomplishment by Joe, Rob & team, kudos guys and godspeed with the fixes!

Nooooo I’m not begging for a free copy, I STATED that is the only thing that would bring me back to being a consumer of their products. You know, like if you WENT to a restaurant and they screwed up your meal? They comp your meal and give you a refund so you will want to come back and give them a second chance. :slight_smile:

In no way do I deem myself more special, only that I was sold a broken product (even after the first patch I waited for) and got a refund and if they want me to give them a second chance for the awful experience of losing my save data, it would require a comped game or something significant to bring me back for that awful blunder.

The chance to make amends is the last opportunity for a company which makes a mistake to it’s customers. I’m giving them that chance. Some companies won’t do anything, as a result I don’t do anymore business with them. The companies that do make amends I come back to and then continue to buy their products as I trust that if there is ever a problem they will make it right if they care about their customers and not just about the bottom dollar.

Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone makes amends for them. Those that do are the ones I will continue to buy from as they have my trust that they care about those that purchase and use their products.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? Slim
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? Disc
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? Yes
About how long have you played? 33+ hrs
How often has the game crashed for you? 15+ times (reported some of them thru the console)
Have you had your save data get corrupted? Not yet, and I hope it doesnt happen.
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? No, just the game.

You sound ridiculously entitled. Even some people who’ve lost 60 hours haven’t returned and requested a free copy of the game. (Which is what you’ve done, implicitly or not. Passive aggression is still aggression.)

From the way the game crashes, you did it to yourself. You got dozens of warnings, i.e. multiple crashes before your save data was corrupted. I bet you even knew that it was possible for your save data to be corrupted before it actually happened.

The second time the game crashed for me I did a quick Google search to find out what was going on, discovered the issue was corrupting save files and promptly put the game on hold until a patch comes out. Aka the common sense thing to do.

After the first few crashes, the fault at least lies a bit on you for not looking into the matter before continuing onwards. And the fault is even moreso on your side if you decided to keep playing after knowing that it was possible for your save data to be corrupted.

The devs have done the right thing. They promptly owned up to it, explained the situation, and have been working hard to rectify it.

Restaurants don’t always have to comp your meal if its sent back and corrected, because you still got what you paid for. In probably just a few days, at most a week I’d bet, the game will be fixed and you would’ve still received what you paid for. Instead, you let your emotions get the best of you and your throwing a passive aggressive little temper tantrum.

I hope they don’t give you anything.

Hey guys, in case you missed the update on this, please check it out here:

Of course we’re super sorry for this, but the proof will be in the pudding. We’re busting ass to get it fixed. There’s a process we have to go through since it’s a console (including a submission to Sony), but please check out the update.

We understand the frustration, and are very appreciative of those who are sticking through it. We want this issue in the rear view mirror!

Me to! I just want to be able to play this game,!!! I had fun for the 11ish hours I’ve played but can’t risk the corrupted files happening.

PS4
NA
Download
13 Hours
8 times
Nope
I haven’t
No

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? PS4 Pro
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? Disc
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? Yes
About how long have you played? 3hours then corrupted data.
How often has the game crashed for you? Once in 3 hours.
Have you had your save data get corrupted? Yes
How are you backing up your save data? I haven’t
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? No

I will not play this game again until you’ve patched the issue. Already wasted 3 hours, I will not waste more. Backing up data every hour is not an acceptable solution. I’d rather use my time playing a game that’s not bugged.

-PS4
-NA
-Downloaded game
-Not 100%, but pretty sure I have the update
-over 13 hours of gameplay
-The game crashes pretty much every time I come out of a dungeon. So far, it’s been able to auto-save beforehand, but it’s super annoying have to load the game again every time.
-No corrupted save data yet
-No back up
-nothing running in background

Do you guys have any ETA on when this’ll be fixed? I’m not upset in any way and I know it’s only been out for a week, but I’m just curious.

First of all, thank you for this wonderfull game. I´d love to see more of this type. Many of our visitors on the Gamesvention played it and gave a good review.

PS4 Pro

EU or NA?
EU

Downloaded

Yes

About 30+ Hours

About 6 Times

Nope

How are you backing up your save data?
Cloud

Nope

Additional: Most of the Crashes where exactly after leaving a dungeon or the arena.
I just pressed X to jump over pink cutsceens. The game didn´t crash afterwards.
The Slime in the Sewer and in the Well never spawns, after a short time the camera
focuses the party again and that´s it. I can´t move afterwards. But i can call the menue to
save and quit without problems.

Hope i could help. As fellow developer, best regards to your team. I know what it means to
debug for errors in the code :stuck_out_tongue:

Cya Izu

PS4
EU or NA?
EU
Disc
Yes
+30 hours
4 times
Yes, today after almost a week with the game. Fortunately I did had a previous save file on my cloud, so I only lost an hour of gameplay and it wasn’t that big of a deal, I could do it again in 20 minutes.

It was during a single spider fight in the map when it crashed and corrupted my file
No