PS4 Issue: Occasional crashes

Roughly around level 18 with my characters now, been playing quite a lot, the crashes seem to happen more and more. More often than not the crashes are during loading times or ending a dungeon but for the first time I got a crash on the overworld map without initiating a fight or talking to anyone which lends itself to being a time crash. I found that The Arena can take ages between loading waves too. Think I’m going to stop playing at this point until a patch can be sorted, really worried my data is gonna get corrupted.

I HAD no IDEA! I just backed up my game, thankfully I read this! THANK YOU!

I ran into another bug as well…When entering the Dig the level of the board changed from hard to Very Hard for the normal version and it wouldn’t let me into the dungeon. I had to completely shut down my PS4 and reboot for the dungeon to reset and allow me in. Man that dungeon is HARD BTW. A little too hard.

We highly recommend backing up saves on a USB to be extra safe. Here’s instructions on how to do so. Backing up Saves to USB for PS4

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
PS4
EU or NA?
SOUTH AMERICA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
DOWNLOADED
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
V.22964 (LATEST ON PS4)
About how long have you played?
13,5 HR
How often has the game crashed for you?
A LOT! MORE THAN 7 TIMES IN DIFFERENT AREAS, PINK SCREEN ALSO
Have you had your save data get corrupted?
NOT YET
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
NO

Hello. Here’s my feedback

• PS4
  • EU
  • Downloaded from PS Store
  • Game is updated
  • Around 25h clocked
  • Game crashes quite often when i finish dungeons or fights with random mobs. Might be related to save function as it is being done each time after those events. I also had pink screen but only once just before first dungeon boss. Since then no pink screens.
  • My save file is still fine, although I upload it manually from time to time to cloud just in case.
  • Nothing running in the background

PS4 Pro

EU or NA?
NA

Digital Version.

Yes.

16h

4 times

No, thank goodness

Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
No.

My crashes happened most often after exiting a dungeon back to the world map. This happened once on the first dungeon, and twice on the Junktown one. My 4th crash was after an arena run, and it was exiting back to the main world.

I also had a Freeze (not crash) starting an arena run once. And it was from a fresh power on of the game. I tried to start the run, the BATTLE transition screen started to show up, and then it just froze. I let it sit for 5 minutes just in case it was loading in the background, no luck, I had to force it closed.

PS4

EU or NA?
EU

Download

Yes

26 hours

20+ times

No and hopefully this won’t happen…

No

Love the game but the crashes are becoming more frequent for me and have become pretty annoying. I had a couple of crashes last night at the last boss in The Dig. Both crashea meant I had to restart the dungeon as the lift to get back down to the boss stopped working after the game reloaded. One of these crashes came as the boss was at around 200 health.

Most of the other crashes have come during loading periods if I remember correctly. Such as attempting to play videos (pink screen), entering and leaving battles, plus entering and leaving dungeons.

It is starting to ruin it for me a bit so I hope this can be sorted as soon as possible. I know you guys are extremely busy but this is a big issue.

Could not this issue be related to FW 5.00? It came out recently so was not on dev-kits probably? I hope this issue gets fixed soon. It is preventing me from buying the game. I would buy it on my Switch instead, but it got delayed there. Seems like no Battle chasers for me now :frowning:

• PS4 Slim
  • EU
  • Digital
  • Up to date
  • 30.5 hours
  • Lost Count
  • Save Data corrupted, lost 5 hours of progress (got everybody from 15 to 17-18 with some premo builds man), I was up to the ‘Deadwatch’ area, and after an overworld battle the game crashed and corrupted.
  • No background Apps running

Had a cloud save that I could backup to, wish I found this post sooner as I had the pink screen over 15 hours ago in Junkertown. Think I’ll wait for that patch guys. Was better then my attempts to play the BETA through Steam wherein’ Calibretto would throw a punch and the game’d die right before he’d connect.

@briggaman:

Are you backing up your save file? Please do! Each time it crashes there’s a chance it will get corrupted, if it crashes while it’s in the middle of saving.

We are working to get a patch out as quickly as we can, both to fix the crashes, and to keep the save data from being corrupted even if it did crash.

I’m so sorry!

ps4 pro
EU
DIGITAL
YES
60h
20+
no
no

I have it backing up online through PS Plus. Hopefully that will keep me safe.

Thanks for replying by the way and thanks for trying to get this all sorted. Love the game and I know you are all hard at work sorting this issue out.

Any chance the game can get away from the single save file format? If multiple save files were allowed this problem wouldn’t be as big of a deal.

40+ hours into the game and it’s great, but I’m going to take a break from it until all these crashes get fixed.

So Just picked up the game and am loving it. The PS4 version does seem to have long loading times and I’m wondering if there is a resource management issue. As that seems to be contributing to my failures. I watched a cutscene in the cantina. then went to enter dungeon, junktown, and crashed.

I went back into the first dungeon on the next higher difficulty last night and then wandered around the map afterward. In an hour and a half of playtime, I had 5 crashes on my PS4. I started at 1AM and stopped playing at 2:30AM when the final crash occurred.

Launch edition PS4.
NA.
Disc.
Yes.
<4 hours.
Over a dozen times.
Not yet.
Nothing else running.

I love the game but I’m sorry … I’m not going to attempt to play again until it’s patched.

If the save file is corrupt is it pretty much done for? Just curious if there was any chance of recovery. :frowning:

Dear Airship studios, I LOVED this game UNTIL it crashed my save file. I had already waited until the first patch to play this game. I encountered my game crashing by going to a blue psn screen which closed my entire game, this event would happen 4-5 times per every 5-6 hours of game time I would invest. The autosave worked perfect so I was OKAY with having to reboot so that I could still keep playing this fun game. Sadly on the last game crash, I lost all my effort from several hours of grinding----I spent alot of time just relaxing fishing to sell the items to the fishmonger for shadow coins, grinding the level three dungeon and just immersing myself in the world you created (up to dungeon 3). I just happened to exit the 3rd dungeon when the airship pirates ambushed me. I won the tough fight after almost getting all heroes KO’d, only to be rewarded with a game crash which destroyed all my grinding of the last several hours.

I was so furious that I ended up returning my game back to the store for a refund. I even took photos of my game screen for proof and posted them on my amazon review which sadly I had to give a poor review.

Airship studios, I REALLY want to keep playing this gem of a game with all it’s bugs, but the save crashing stung my enthusiasm for your game. The only way you could bring me back (and convince me to regrind all my lost gear) would be if I got a code for a digital copy of the game. I’m serious, I want to play this again but I just feel as a consumer of your product that for buying a damaged product it would be a great way to extend the olive branch and convince me to give Airship Studios a second chance and to have a positive outlook towards any future products you release.

Here is the data you requested:

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? Ps4 PRO
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? DISC
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? YES
About how long have you played? 22 HOURS
How often has the game crashed for you? 4-5 times per 5-6 hours of gaming, almost once an hour.
Have you had your save data get corrupted? On the last crash YES
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? NO apps, only game runs when I play my ps4…

I have pics to show for proof of my save file crash. I seriously still want to give this game a chance again, but that save file crash stung. I had Calibretto, Gully and Garrison up to level 13 halfway to 14 and I only just cleared the third dungeon—I was re-grinding it multiple times because I enjoy that. I also had about 200 shadow coins from all the fishing I did and sold to the fishmonger ALONG with finding some sort of valuable fish I could sell to the fishmonger I think for about 345 gold pieces. I’ve never asked this before from a company but I’m serious, a digital code for this game and I would give Airship Studios a second chance on this game AND any other feature projects you release. As someone who just loves to do all the side activities in a game (fishing, grinding) this is how I enjoy relaxing in the evening and you’re game was soooo close to being the perfect game for me until my save file crashed.

Sorry if I came across chided, but I am angry at this recent gaming experience.

Pro
EU or NA?
NA
Digital
Yes, even checked the update history and seen there was supposedly backup saving to protect the save file if it crashed… mine corrupted. Please make it so we can alternate save files or have a 2nd backup file that keeps the 2nd most recent save.
11.2 hrs when I started. Played about 2.5 today and then it crashed and corrupted file.
4 times.
Yes… :frowning: Any chance it is recoverable?
No background apps.

If the save file becomes corrupt is there any future chance of fixing the file or is it done for?
Please make it so there are more than one save files created with this auto save feature, or let us save on our own with a manual save.