PS4 Issue: Occasional crashes

Possibly something to do with the autosave or something?

Been playing a ton got maybe 20ish crashes. I have only seen a blank video screen and a pink one once(actually pink one just happened after like 37 hours of play time). Majority of my crashes happened shortly after leaving a dungeon and it’s pretty common form me to crash leaving before even loading the world map. Also had a crash shortly after I had 2 rng airship battles hit me literally back to back on the world map. Not sure what the cause is, can’t really put my finger on it. Hopefully all my crash reports help, seems like a sneaky bug

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4
PS4

EU or NA?
EU

Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?
Downloaded

Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?
Yes, there are no further updates available

About how long have you played?
Roughly 42h now

How often has the game crashed for you?
About 26 times - mostly after leaving a dungeon or finishing the arena

Have you had your save data get corrupted?
Yes after my first 10h but I started again

Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
No

@AnachorAquarium: One thing you could try after completing a dungeon but before exiting it:

• Hit options to pull up the pause menu, and choose “Save and Quit to Main Menu”.
  • Close the game completely: PS button->Options button->Close Application
  • Restart the application and load your save game

Let me know if you do, and if this reduces the crashes you get.

Also, have you been able to backup your save file to USB?

good, I play ps4 pro and have already expelled me about 6-7 times in 14 hours of play, this completely ruined the experience and I am very disappointed with this since I am very fan of your games. I’ve been waiting for the patch for several days, have you located the bug already? When will you release the patch?
-ps4 pro
-physical copy
-14h 6-7 errors

• especially when completing dungeon after leaving scene with pink background
    -also when entering battles on world map

So far I just did the cloud Backup but after this much time and progress a will do a USB one too.

I will try the Tipp with the Manuel save thanks!

Already reported my crashes earlier in this thread. Just crashed again exiting a fight. Good game, really annoying technical issues.

I tried it and it changed nothing :confused:

@AnachorAquarium: After quitting to the main menu, and then closing the application, how long did it take before it crashed again? I was hoping it would reset the clock, basically.

1. Ps4
  2. NA
  3. DOWNLOADED
  4. 1.01 update installed
  5. 10-12 hrs played
  6. Crashed 3(+ maybe) times
  7. Save corrupted
  8. No background apps running

Extra notes: my crashes almost always happened after combat finished. And I hadn’t experienced crashes until I’d gotten into the rush lands.

Hope this helps I’m super bummed to have lost the progress

It was roughly about 45 min

I have been doing exactly 2 hr intervals and then saving and stop playing for about 10-25 mins. I did some stuff around the house. I hope the problem is at least fixable? I love this game and really want to jump in. I also don’t have PS+ so unless I have a spare $50-60 for a usb 3.0 250mg-8 TB flash stick or hard drive I can’t save my game…

Logged on again just to try it and my saved data was back! Played for about an hour and no crashes!

I love the game and I love that I helped with it’s Kickstarter. Question, realistically can you guys fix the glitch?

@ryan2212: We definitely can. But it will take some time to get a proper fix together, get it through QA so we can make sure we aren’t breaking anything else, and then get it through Sony certification so we can put it up for download.

@RMolinelli: You don’t need a flash drive that big if you just want to manually backup copy your save file to it, I think that’s only if you want to use it for PS4 “external storage”.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim? PS4
EU or NA? NA
Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game? DL
Do you have the game update installed (1.01)? Fully updated
About how long have you played? 30+ hours
How often has the game crashed for you? 20+ times total. 10 + times today alone.
Have you had your save data get corrupted? No
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background? No

All of my crashes have been caused by cut scenes or fight scenes. I’ve only had one pink screen and that was caused by the cut scene of the blob boss in The Dig.

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
Pro
EU or NA?
NA
Download
Yes
50+ hours
20ish or more times. Usually after a dungeon. Tried a few times to run the arena twice in a row and usually always crashes before the 2nd arena challenge starts, even after a fresh started game, would be under 20 minutes of play time to crash.
No
Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?
No

Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?
PS4 Pro

EU or NA?
EU

Digital Version.

Yes.

15h+

About 4 times.

Yes, with the last crash (right after a fight)

No.

Hi.

Im on PS4, latest version, downloaded the game, EU, played 22h, save is not currupted.

I got a lot of crashes. It started only on world map but now i am stuck at “The Dig“ because the game freezes after battles almost evereytime and i just can manually close the game (no bluescreen). It also crashed during the boss battle at “The Dig“ (a big brown slime) and after reloading i had to restart the whole dungeon because i couldnt use the elevator to the slime because the elevator crashes down when u first use it. Hope this helps you fix some issues. Thanks! BTW when will the patch be released?

**Are you on a PS4 or PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?**

Ps4

**EU or NA?**

EU

**Are you playing from a disc, or from the downloaded game?**

Digital

**Do you have the game update installed (1.01)?**

Sure, latest Version

**About how long have you played?**

Several Hours (between 6-8) Characters about lv. 13-14

**How often has the game crashed for you?**

Atleast 15 times

**Have you had your save data get corrupted?**

Yes, started Game again after Battle Crash. On Title Screen it says its now corrupted, unaible to load file.

**Do you play with spotify running on the ps4, or any other apps in the background?**

No, just the Game

Im really pissed right now. Bought the Game and i get a crashes every hour…after Loading Screen, Battles ect…now my Savefile is gone, wasted time and money for nothing…