Played for a little bit - first thoughts

I must preface this with the fact that I am running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on my 2014 MacBook Pro - Intel Iris 5100 graphics card. Capable of running Direct X11 and the game. Probably not the best graphically - even with all graphics settings on low, still a bit of lag.

I’m LOVING the game, though. The combat, although I’ve watched a ton of gameplay videos, is so much smoother than I anticipated, and the story is already interesting. I only had time to play for about 30 minutes before I had to get some sleep, but I really wanted to stay up.

It took me a moment to notice this, but my Razer Naga Epic Chroma was reacting to the game! I started trying to play using my mouse, a la Diablo 3 (wishful tinking - is it hard to build that kind of functionality into the medium-height levels/dungeons?), but when I couldn’t control anybody that way I put the mouse aside and went to WASD. It wasn’t until my 4th battle that I noticed - every time I entered a combat scene, the Naga would flash red and white. I can’t wait to see what the game will do with my BlackWidow Chroma Stealth: will it work yet with the Beta like my mouse does, or will I have to wait for the full release to see all the Chroma goodness in action?

My only suggestions:

1. A lot of Chroma interaction. :slight_smile:
  2. The ability to customize keybindings for controls. I learned keyboard and mouse to play Overwatch specifically, but have remapped everything to ESDF instead of WASD - this is so I can always find my “right” key with the tactile bump that most keyboards have.
  3. Somebody else mentioned it, but more voice interactions. Maybe the budget wasn’t in it, and if that’s the case, then I totally understand, but the audible speech just makes those dialogue scenes that much more engaging.
  4. Diabo III-like controls, at least for movement in the dungeons. So much easier to click where you want to go, or even just hold the left-button down and move around to have Gully follow the cursor, rather than trying to get the timing/spacing right trying to get on the correct plane to be able to go “up”.

That’s all for now. Loving the game, and I’m excited to get another 1/2 hour in tonight (been working SUPER long hours this week), and enjoying more Battle Chasers: Nightwar.

Thanks for the awesomeness so far! I can only imagine how great it would all be on a proper gaming machine …