[PC/Mac] How to find Log/Save Files

Hey, everyone!
I’m posting a simple tutorial here people can reference whenever they need to find their save files and/or log files.

Log Files

Steam - PC
If you have the game on Steam on PC, you can find your log file, named output_log.txt, in the install directory for Battle Chasers, inside a folder called BC_Data. The Battle Chasers install location is usually somewhere you specify when installing the game on Steam, with the default usually being a straightforward location on your C drive, such as:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battle Chasers Nightwar\BC_Data\output_log.txt

GOG - PC
If you’ve installed your game via GOG on PC, you can find your log file, named output_log.txt, in the install directory for Battle Chasers, inside a folder called BC_Data. GOG allows you to specify the install location of your games, but the default would likely be something like:
C:\Program Files\GOGGalaxy\Games\Battle Chasers Nightwar\BC_Data\output_log.txt

Steam/GOG - Mac
For MacOS, the location of the log file is the same regardless of whether you’re on Steam or GOG:
\Users[YourUsername]\Library\Logs\Unity\Player.log
Keep in mind Unity shares the log file on the Mac, so it may be overwritten by a different game that uses Unity.

Steam - Linux
The logfile is in:
~/.config/unity3d/Airship Syndicate/BattleChasersNightwar/Player.log

Save Files

Steam - PC
If you have the game on Steam on PC, your saves will be located in a folder in your AppData directory that corresponds to your Steam ID number. Example:
C:\Users[YourWindowsUsername]\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar[YourSteamID]\saves

GOG - PC
If you’ve installed your game via GOG on PC, your saves will be located in the BattleChasersNightwar folder in the AppData directory, in a folder called user:
C:\Users[YourWindowsUsername]\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar\user\saves

Steam- Mac
For Steam on MacOS, your saves are located in the Application Support folder for Battle Chasers, in a folder that corresponds to your Steam ID number. Example:
\Users[YourUsername]\Library\Application Support\unity.Airship Syndicate.BattleChasersNightwar[YourSteamID]\saves

GOG - Mac
For GOG on MacOS, your saves are located in the Application Support folder for Battle Chasers, inside the user folder. Example:
\Users[YourUsername]\Library\Application Support\unity.Airship Syndicate.BattleChasersNightwar\user\saves

Steam - Linux
Savefiles are in:
~/.config/unity3d/Airship Syndicate/BattleChasersNightwar/[YourSteamID]/saves

Saved data transfer for PCs via Steam
Game crashes at THQ logo
Mac/ Steam "application not responding"
[Windows] Problems playing video cutscenes?
[MAC][Steam] game unplayable after intro video

output_log.txt (44.8 KB)
error.log (28.3 KB)
Hi, you answered me yesterday on Steam, my nickname DD. I hope you will help me

Hey DD!

Do you have Discord installed or running on your computer?
If it’s running, could you try shutting it down and seeing if Battle Chasers still crashes on startup?

Discord closure did not help =(

Could you try exiting Discord completely, and making sure Discord is updated:

-Go to the Discord tray icon in the bottom right of your screen, right-click it, and click “Quit”
-Reopen the Discord client, and make sure it’s up-to-date (it should auto-update if it needs to)

I even deleted it, it did not help. The point is clearly not in the discord. A fan of your game, upset, I can’t play …

I’m sorry this is happening and keeping you from getting into the game; that sucks. :frowning:

I’m passing along information that I got from Discord about what could be happening, based on the crash logs. I’m not trying to pass the buck or anything, I just want to help you find a solution.

Could you attach a new output_log.txt and error.log when you crash now? I wonder if it’s different with Discord uninstalled.

error.log (28.7 KB)
output_log.txt (44.9 KB)

Ok, thanks.

Try this:
-Go to the directory where Battle Chasers is installed, into the Plugins/ directory. On Steam it’ll be something like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battle Chasers Nightwar\BC_Data\Plugins\

-Rename the file discord_game_sdk.dll to DONTRUN_discord_game_sdk.dll
-Try launching the game again

Any difference?

Oh my god, you are my hero. It helped !!! :heart: Thank you very much for the help!

You bet! Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for getting back to me with info.

I’ll make a new thread to tell other users.