UPDATE2: We fixed another bug that was causing inflated values in the character sheet when first loading into the game or swapping equipment when certain masteries were equipped. A collision bug causing people to fall through the world in the entrance to Strongmont was also addressed.
UPDATE: We found a bug that was preventing people from entering the boss room in Junktown and another bug where perks werent updating correctly when changing equipment. The newest experimental branch has fixes for those now!
We’ve updated the experimental branch again with some bug fixes and many balance changes! You can get a look at them early in the experimental branch! Once we determine the patch is stable, we will push it live.
OPTING INTO THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH:
Remember, this is risky! Please do this only if you’re excited to help us test some changes.
One of the most important things you can help us test are the validity and stability of existing save files with these updates. It’s important that you back up your existing save before opting into the experimental branch, in the event problems occur!
To back up your Steam save files:
Go to a directory something like: %appdata%\…\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar<Your 64 bit steam ID here>\saves
Copy the save files there into a new, separate directory outside of the BattleChasersNightwar directory.
Every time you launch the game, Steam will copy the save files from the cloud into your saves directory. (When the game shuts down, it does the reverse.) Because of this, if you’re trying to copy your save files back into the saves directory, start Battle Chasers: Nightwar up first. Then while you are at the START screen, copy the save files into place. If copy saves over before launching, they’ll get stomped by the Steam cloud saves.
Switching to the Experimental Branch:
Right click the game in your Steam library and choose Properties > Betas
In the field next to “Check Code”, enter the following pasword: ireadthenotes
This should unlock the Experimental branch
In the drop down, select the Experimental branch to begin downloading it
To switch back to the normal game, select “None – Opt Out”.
Your help testing these changes is hugely appreciated. Following are patch notes detailing some of the changes:
Patch Notes for PC Build 23524
- The entire cast of Battle Chasers has wised up, and have learned how to use equipment that was previously beyond their skill level. This means: equipment no longer requires a minimum level to equip! This will improve the leveling curve, and make leveling up benched characters a smoother experience. To keep the game balanced, equipment drops and vendor inventories have been slightly readjusted.
- The XP curve has been adjusted to alleviate stalling in mid-game dungeons.
- Early game enemies have become more dangerous.
- Several enemies in the game have had their abilities made more fair/balanced.
- The Innkeeper has revised his tax plan, and the cost of reviving your party has been adjusted to be more lenient for the low-leveled and more demanding of the high-leveled.
- New Game+ is harder. (Evil laugher)
- Knolan’s starting level should be 11.
- Innervating Mist has had its overcharge generation reduced slightly.
- Dungeons no longer magically uncomplete themselves when quitting to the Main Menu after completing them.
- Loot should not be assigned to empty bins if there is no loot.
- Fixed some of Monika’s abilities that were not critting properly.
- Garrison’s Rupture Ability will stop falling over after 3 turns and last its full 5 turns.
- Slimes no longer behave like molasses, but like gelatin. Thus, they play their animations much more quickly.
- We put a stop to the time travel occurring when quitting the game from a completed dungeon. Loading back in to the save will now progress to the next day.
- The boss the Dig in Mythic difficulty is now at its proper level.
- Fixed a bug that prevented perks from updating correctly when swapping equipment
- A few minor Localization issues addressed.
- Incorrect/non-working button prompts in the Compendium, Game Manual and in Fishing have been fixed.
- The UI has received a scale-up and contrast adjustments across the board, to make text more visible on screens of differing sizes and distances.
- In some cases the Compendium would flicker open and closed when you pressed your controller buttons just so. This has been fixed.
- The Bestiary Entry progress bar has been made less visually noisy.
General Bug Fixes
- Players who were missing Caldeus’s skull and the Alpha Core despite having defeated the appropriate enemies should now be able to find them in their inventory.
- Cinematic background/music audio is now tied to the music volume.
- Fishing lines have been polished.
- Fishing in general has been polished.
- Fixes have been made to a certain cane to prevent multiples of it being spawned.
PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH IN THIS THREAD!