Game Will Not Start Beyond Intro Scene [Mac] - SOLVED*

I just downloaded the game and when I try to open it the introductory cut scene plays and then immediately takes me to a loading screen where it just freezes. The loading bar at the bottom of the screen is at 20% and just sits there.

I’m on a Mac with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB and 16GB of memory. I can’t seem to access any game options to play with settings because it won’t even let me beyond this initial loading screen.

Edit: I apparently was running Yosemite, which was a solid 3 years old. Upgraded to HighSierra and game is launching fine. Someone also said his/hers works with El Capitan as well.

It looks like we have an issue on Steam and GoG where the game loses focus after the intro video. Click your mouse cursor on the game screen to resume.

Sorry about that!

Unfortunately, clicking around does not seem to change the issue for me. I’m just stuck with this:

Shoot. We haven’t had that issue happen before. Kinda at a loss here.

Any mac users out there got any ideas?

Sorry! :frowning:

Bumping this post because there has been no update on this issue that it seems at least a handful of people are experiencing.

Hey, @esevs719!
We’re very sorry this has been happening to you, and more so for the delay. If you could upload your log file for us, it might help us pinpoint the issue.

Please try playing the game and getting to the point where it stops loading, then quit the application and upload the log file.
You should find the log file in /Users/YourUsernameHere/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Feel free to attach it here or PM it to me directly.

Thank you!
Andres

Hey Andres,

Good and bad news. The bad news is I can’t reproduce the issue. The good
news is that the issue is gone. The problem seems to be with the Yosemite
operating system for Mac. I upgraded to their latest, which is HighSierra,
and the game runs flawlessly. I am enjoying it immensely, by the way.
Superb work.

Best,
Eric

Eric,

Super glad to hear the issue’s been resolved for you! If other people are running into this issue as well, we’ll suggest this as a possible fix.

Thank you so much for bearing with us! And glad you’re enjoying the game :slight_smile:
Andres