Game crashes at THQ logo

I would start the game through steam, and when the THQ logo appears the game will turn off. There is no crash window or anything. I’ve tried DX 9, I’ve verified file integrity, I ran the game in administrative mode and nothing.

For a temporary fix I switch the compatibility mode to windows 7. I ran around testing it, got into a few battles, and after the third fight the game froze.

I hope this helps point to a solution.

Hey, @BreakerTek,
We’re sorry about the trouble! Could you post your log file on here for us? Instructions on where to find it are here:

output_log.txt (2.6 MB)

I can’t send save file because it’s a .sav file and the upload won’t accept it

Hey, @BreakerTek,

That’s all right, the output log helps a lot.
Is this log from when the game froze? This output log shows a DX11 crash.

Could you send me a log after you try playing the game and it freezes? Or try compatibility mode AND run in DX9 mode, see if the game runs without further crashes.

output_log.txt (208.5 KB)

After changing the compatibility mode to windows 7 it hasn’t crashed. But the one zone I went into seemed very blurry, but I don’t know if that’s the level design or not.

output_log.txt (14.4 KB)

This upload is when I turn off compatibility and ran it on DX 9

Aha!

That’s a very rare library crash that we haven’t seen in a while. It affects very few machines, and we were never able to figure out exactly why it was happening. Good find on being able to circumvent it using Windows 7 compatibility mode!

The good news is there are some workarounds so can still keep playing in Compatibility mode on DX9, an a possible fix for the DX11 crash.

DX9:
Just disable DOF and Bloom in the Graphics settings, and this should fix the blurry dungeons.

DX11:
This DX11 crash is common across multiple Unity games, and the reported fix is:

1. Completely uninstall all your graphics drivers
  2. Reboot your machine
  3. Download the latest graphics drivers from your card manufacturer’s site
  4. Perform a “Clean Install” of these drivers (the installer may provide an option to do so depending on your card manufacturer).
    We have not been able to confirm this fix will work 100%, however, so your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps!
Andres