Forum Member Introductions

Hello, fellow backers and fans of Battle Chasers!

I thought we could use a thread where we can say “Hello!” and share a bit about ourselves. This will be a great way to get to know each other and maybe learn something interesting. I’ll start:

I have been a gamer since the days of the Atari 2600. Before that, I was an avid reader and the colorful worlds of video games offered a wonderful new layer of immersion and interactivity with a story’s narrative and characters. As game consoles evolved, so did the levels of immersion. Needless to say, I’m hooked.

I am also a fan of comic books. My very first comic I remember getting was an early issue of Web of Spider-Man. To this day, Spidey is still one of my favorite fictional characters. I’ve pretty much been “a Marvel” ever since. Like many, my first exposure to Joe Madureira’s work was in the pages of Uncanny X-Men. His art style was so dynamic that it reminded me more of Japanese manga than your typical American comic art. As a fan of both, this cemented Joe as one of my favorite artists. When “the great exodus” occurred, I followed Joe into the pages of Battle Chasers. With my love of Dungeons & Dragons, this series struck multiple chords with me. It was such a shame when the series stalled.

I started getting involved with Kickstarter about two years ago and I quickly became hooked on helping indie developers achieve their dreams. Since then, I have made some wonderful friends through the KS and indie dev communities. I look forward to getting to know many of you, so please share your stories!

Until then, Happy Gaming!

Also gaming (off and on) since the Atari/Intellivision days (a neighbor of mine had Intellivision and I’d constantly be at his place playing whatever he had- he ended up being a producer of Starcraft and then moved on to Guild Wars). Took a huge break from gaming after Sega Dreamcast, and then got back into things when I discovered Halo on XBox and Xbox 360 - which is where I found DarkSiders. That series was the most anticipated for me, and I was heartbroken when I heard that the original studio was going under.

And then somehow I found out about Battle Chasers: Nightwar. I had to have been googling all things DarkSiders after buying another used copy of the first one and playing through that. Backed it - I just had to! The only other project I had backed before then had been Zombies: Run!

It wasn’t until a few months AFTER backing BC:NW that I got into gaming on my Mac and installed Bootcamp just so I could play more games than what were offered for Mac. And then got my first Razer mouse, and have been on the Razer forums ever since. EVERY time the question is asked what game people are anticipating the most, Battle Chasers: Nightwar is my answer.

If it comes down to it, I’ll gladly delete all my other games (except Overwatch) on my Windows partition to make room for this game!

Hey Tekkaman,

I’ve never been much of an active forum user across different games (one exception below), but seeing as we’re jumping into a fresh forum and how slick these forums are, I feel I’ll say hi too!
I’ve been into games from the early 1990s, an impossibly-long time ago now. I moved to Australia from the UK in 2009 and for several years was without a good gaming PC, but early 2016 I built myself a delicious behemoth so I have been catching up on a lot of games since then.
I love RPGs and anything that is turn-based, so I immediately jumped on this when I saw it on Kickstarter. I never read the comics, but have since gotten into some Graphic Novels, notably Saga and Injection (which are amazing – will happily take other recommendations).
I’m also a huge card-game fan, and HEX: Shards of Fate has been the one game I haven’t put down in years and the only game whose foums I frequent on a regular basis. If anyone is here from HEX then “Hello!”

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that for now. Nice to meet you all and can’t wait for this beta and then release! (Although Divinity: Original Sin 2 is going to be vying for my attention too! There is never enough time for everything on top of real life and work etc).

I have been a gamer my entire life which at this point is 30+ years. I write a bit on my website Kainless.com…pretty much that is random stuff mixed with my interest in Comics, Video Games, Life Blogs…things of that sort. Pretty much I talk about everything and anything. I am open to all points of view and over all an easy going person. Can’t say much more that I can think of at the moments…

Also yes I am a huge fan of battle chasers the comic, darksiders 1 and 2 “really looking forward to 3” and I have many other titles I am sure I will talk about if given the chance…

I’ve been a fan of Joe’s work since his Uncanny X-Men days and had a fansite for his work since the early 2000’s, which can be found here if anyone is interested (https://mikemcmahon.blogspot.ca).

Battle Chasers was one of my all time favourite comics so I’m pumped that it has found new life as a JRPG. It’s been enjoyable watching Joe’s journey from comics to games and the success he’s had in both mediums.

Anyway, I can’t wait to play Nightwar and I hope its success will be able to grow the Battle Chasers universe in the future!

I have been gaming since the nes days. I played the older systems but the NES was went I got serious about gaming. I have always been in to comics, Anime and the other elements of what’s called nerd culture. A fan of Joe Mad since his Uncanny X-men days. I loved that mixture of Anime and American comic style. When I found out about Darksiders I had to have it. I love both games. When I heard about being able to back Battle Chasers I did as soon as I could. Very excited about the game.

Hey there everyone!

I’ve been a gamer for 35 years. Huge fan of Battle Chasers, day one backer, and adore both Darksiders.

I simply can’t wait to play this. Only real question is Switch or PS4.

Hey all! Dev on BC and co-founder of Airship here, worked with Joe and a bunch of the guys on the team for over a decade. Everything from Steel Tide (submarine game) to Darksiders and Darksiders II.

Love games, cars, the Denver Broncos, wine and bourbon.

Top 5 games, in semi-particular order:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Half-Life

3. Super Mario World

4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

5. Final Fantasy VII

Also put a criminal number of hours into my feral druid, dating back to the dual 31-point talent days.

Can’t wait for everyone to play Nightwar!

Hi there. Game developer for 20+ years, gamer for at least 30. I find myself disillusioned when it comes to most games since they contribute so little in regards to art style, narrative, experiences, or general drive to take advantage of our wonderful medium. With a few wonderful exceptions that keeps me going.

The above doesn’t seem to be the case with this game though, as already the meticulous visuals and limited scope was enough to get me hooked. If the experience itself is anywhere similar to what’s been teased I’m sure I’ll have a blast!

Amazing list @strangelove, but you missed Super Metroid!

That’s a classic, pretty tough when you’ve only got 5! So many not included…

Greetings!

I’ve been a gamer since 1983 when I bought my Apple ][+…which I still have and it still works! As a hobby, I’ve been testing online games since 1990 when I was invited by Sierra Online to test “Shadow of Yserbius” on The Sierra Network. Since then, I’ve been hooked on testing and have tested over 70 games so far. Although I “worked” in a different industry, I still try to test games and fill out reports when I can…I guess I’m a bit “anal?” -)

I’m looking forward to breaking this project!

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit
Eternal Testing Newbie
Member, The Older Gamers (TOG)

And if I may ask, who are the mods on this forum? I assume that @strangelove and @ortizgames are, as Airship staff, but are there others (besides discobot - does discobot have mod powers?)? Are there any non-staff mods?

Hi there! I’ve been a gamer for around 20 years or so since the NES console. I’ve only started reading comics these recent years; one day I came upon the Battle Chasers Series which I really liked, and I’m really glad all the producer’s efforts for the franchise have pulled through. Right now I’m in University studying to be a Generalist for 3D Modeling, Animation and AudioVisual productions; I love it when works manage to move and inspire people, its nice to see when all the effort we put to a project pays off.

Not much of a community forum talker but I might sometimes post something nice around for a change. Nice meeting you all ! :smiley:

Hey there
I’m a big fan of Nintendo games, tactical and turn based RPG
All time favorites games in no order :

• Fallout 2
  • Front Mission
  • Super Mario 64
  • Xcom
  • Jagged Alliance 2
  • Zelda BOTW

Battle Chaser is one of the 3 games I backed after Wasteland 2 and now Iron Oath
I play mostly on PC, Switch and GPD XD

That is one stellar list. Mine would go:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI
Last of Us
Super Mario World

I have always liked drawing, but nothing really made me want to be an artist quite like seeing Battle Chasers comics shortly after I graduated from High School. The idea had never really occurred to me that you could make a story in your own world and not just hop on the marvel or D.C. bandwagons and then suddenly… there was this fantastic little comic that didn’t seem like anything else around.

I owe my current status as an illustrator in no small part to the world this game is based on.

As for me, I am an Alaskan. I draw mostly space ships and I spent a long time as a computer repair technician and a mineral inspector (totally related jobs, I know).

I confess to not being the largest JRPG fan, but I have enjoyed, in the past, Final Fantasy VII, The shining force games, and (I’m dating myself here) phantasy star

Greetings,

As with a lot of previous posters I’ve been a gamer for 30+ years and a comic book reader for longer than that. I enjoy most genres but have a special love for RPG and fighting games. Really looking forward to getting into the Battlechasers game since I’ve longed for a continuation/expansion of the characters/world for so long now. Other than that I’m from Sweden.

Nice to “meet” you all!

• O.Lint

Hi everyone!

I’m from England and am a big fan of Joe Mad’s work. I have been a fan for many years and have been lucky enough to meet him. I’m also a gamer and pretty much play a mixture of games. Currently still playing Overwatch after purchasing it at launch. It has had a long lifespan for me so far and is great to pick up and play.

Anyway, back to Battle Chasers. I’m over the moon that this is really happening. I’ll be getting the PS4 version.

Morning Compadres,

My name is Lusipher (yes, really) and I’m from London, but now living in Scotland.

I’ve been gaming for just shy of 4 decades, but have never really been a hardcore gamer … especially not now, with 4 cats, 4 kids and a missus, who is not a fan of me staying up late to hack n slash/explore/build, instead of giving her “snoo snoo”/cuddles

I prefer solo games, so RPGs (especially Japanese style ones) are arguably my favourite genre.

I’ve followed BattleChasers since the comics and was delighted to hear it was coming back - even snazzed up my PS4 with a BattleChasers Theme, in anticipation of the second coming.

Roll on October