FIX - Crash to desktop - BitDefender

Some users have been having problems with crashes in Battle Chasers that seem to be related to BitDefender.

The user “Torpid” on Steam posted a fix, which I’ll quote here:

Just thought I’d let any Bitdefender users know that excluding BC.exe from Ransomware Remediation has fixed my CTD issues with Battle Chasers for me. Not sure this applies to all revisions of BitDefender, but these are the steps that worked for me. Also this would only apply if you have enabled Ransomware protection. This popped up for me sometime last week if memory serves me.

1. Right Click systray icon and show
  2. Bottom Right in Ransomware Remediation click Exceptions
  3. Browse to where you have Battle Chasers installed. Default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battle Chasers Nightwar\BC.exe

Once this was added to the exceptions I am no longer crashing constantly. I would get maybe a couple mins of gameplay prior to excluding. Also, this is the only game that requires me to do this for some reason. I have had to add some games to Application Access under Safe Files but this did not fix BC:N crashing.

Hope this helps someone else, good luck and happy hunting :slight_smile:

Some users have reported issues being able to save their game. They get an error, or the saving never completes. This could be caused by BitDefender or other antivirus software as well.

Game crashes on world map