The first balance and stability patch for PlayStation 4 is now live. First and foremost, thanks for the patience while the team has been working furiously on this. We know the issues aren’t acceptable and we’ve been doing everything we can to solve them. This patch will help stabilize the PS4 version in general, and address some gameplay balance/quality of life issues.
To verify installation, look in the top right corner of the title screen. You should see V. 23114
Without further ado, this patch should:
- Greatly reduce the crashes (we’re still working on killing them 100%)
- Nearly eliminate any video weirdness (pink videos, or videos playing black)
- Prevent save corruption (this was the #1 priority for obvious reasons)
- Plus all of the same balance and quality of life fixes that are already live on Steam and GoG (most notable is the grinding curve getting flattened a bit during mid-game)
The full patch notes for the balance changes and myriad bug fixes can be found here:
Again, we want to thank everyone who hung with us through this process. More improvements are still to come!
In the mean time, if you do still experience a crash of some sort, please post the details here. Most useful info would be:
- What you were doing just before
- How long your play session was leading up to the issue
- How often you’ve experienced the issue
Next up will be pushing these changes to Xbox One as we work to further solidify the PS4.