Crash and Save Corruption [PC/Steam]

Hello,

I had a great time playing the game,although I kept loosing my save files due to the fact that my windos 10 does not work properly at the moment,that leads to my pc crashing very frequently.

I’m trying to fix my PC which is a laptop at the moment which I have with me in order to help me with my traveling for work etc etc.

The issue is that when the game crashes,my save file gets corrupted or soe sort and it’s impossible to load it.I’ve tried seacrhing my game files but there is no “save” files and I’ve tried to backup the game once every half an hour but I don’t know how to get back my old save files with my backups since it doesn’t show any saved file.

I’ve searched at the internet for a solution and the only thing I could find were some programms that could progressively keep the save files on default folders of other games but I can’t get them to work properly with BCN.

How can I fix is or is it even possible?If not I would like to refund both the game and it’s DLC which I’ve bought and repurchase them for my Nintedo Switch.I’ve already sent a refund request through Steam>Technical support.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Hey, @Kostaskavourinos,

We’re very sorry you’re having trouble; losing your save files constantly is horrible. Hopefully we can help.

First off, your saves on PC are located in your AppData folder, like in
C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar\YourSteamIDHere\saves

Battle Chasers automatically backs up your save files in this directory - if your save becomes corrupted, your last save will still be in this folder, and will be named Save##.sav.old (## is replaced with whatever slot you’re playing).

Please note also that if you’re using Steam Cloud, whenever the game starts, Steam replaces your saves with whatever is on the cloud. So if you’re having a lot of trouble with your computer crashing, you may want to disable Steam Cloud saves for Battle Chasers, so you can go in and replace the corrupted save files without Steam deleting everything.

I hope this helps.
Andres

Hello thanks for the help although it didn’t worked I’m afraid.

I went on C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar\YourSteamIDHere\saves and I did find nothing related to BattleChasers nor Airship.

I’ve even searched manually my whole pc but there 2 files including “save” files do not exist.I only run only 2 games on my laptop so it’s not hard to locate them.I’ve tried unistalling and re-installing but I can’t seem to locate any of these files.

These are the following files that I can find inside my “Battle Chasers Nightwar” file :
1)_CommonRedist
2)2017-10-08 numbers numbers

3),4),5) more similar number folders
6)BC_Data which does not includes any save file or anything related with.
7) Digital Extras

I also have the Backup file which contains 8 Disk files,numbered from 1 to 8.

Hope that helps in finding a solution

You need to replace YourNameHere with your username on Windows and YourSteamIDHere with your Steam ID :slight_smile:
So an example would be C:\Users\Andres\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar\0303030101020211\saves

I’ve located my steam ID and I still search in my PC and I can’t find anything from \LocalLow
to Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNighwar/saves I know It s sounds impossible but as I said from my very first time or the email I’ve sent,I’ve searched my whole laptop manually even in order to find these files and there is NONE with that name.

I know you are trying to help,but I even got an expert with me with Steam and gaming filing and he said to me that he never experienced that before.

If it’s possible I would really love to buy your game for my Nintedo Switch instead of my PC,so a refund would be possible?

Hi, I have the same problem i found my save file but i dont know what i should do now… replace files or delete…? Please help i spent afew hours playing and i dont want to start the game again.

@Sepharian What platform are you playing on?

Hi,
I am playing on pc

@Sepharian Through Steam, or GoG?

I am retard sorry. Steam

• What do you see on-screen when you try to play with your savegame?

• What files are in the directory that should have your save files?

Go here:
%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\BattleChasersNightwar\

You should see a directory with a long number. Enter that, and then go into Saves.

What files do you see there?

What do you see on-screen when you try to play with your savegame?

• The game is not valid. Delete file before continue. ( i am spanis so i traslate the text, sorry for my mistakes)

What files are in the directory that should have your save files?

• Save01.sav
    -Save01.sav.old
    -Save0.2
    Save.02.old

What files do you see there?
Same files, save01.sav… etc

Ok, I’m gonna send you a private message to get more info.

@Hooper I think there is a similar bug happening in the Switch version of the game. I started a thread for Switch bugs, and someone replied saying they got into a weird state where they couldn’t get past the victory screen with the party photos and XP meters, and when they quit and restarted the game, their save was gone. I had a similar thing happen where I got stuck, but I must have gotten lucky because my save stayed intact.