Beta-End List Of Annoying Bugs/Issues

Hi guys I finally got power and internet in my house 2 days ago. Thankfully we didn’t suffer too much damage from Hurricane Irma so I’ve been able to get back to beta testing BC:NW. Since I’ve reached the end of the Beta-allowed progress I’ve dedicated myself to doing side quests and maxing my characters’ builds. I’ve been doing things like hunting the monsters for Beast Perks, Dig Dungeon Runs for Purple Gear for all my characters, leveling all characters to the current max lvl of 15, selling fish meat/artifacts for shadow coins, trading shadow coins for gear/perk books, etc. Below I’ll list some bugs or major issues I’m currently having with the game…

• Character Stats Don’t Always Display Appropriate Numbers - This one is bugging me the most, sometimes when I relog into the game my characters’ stats do not reflect the stats that I left them with. Since I am trying to max my character’s current possible builds I remember a lot of the numbers I logged off with and when I log back in they’re not the same almost as if they decayed while I was gone. Also sometimes if I turn their perk skills on and off it resets their overall stats to what they were, even if the perk skill I’m toggling isn’t a stat specific perk… This makes it incredibly hard to keep track of progress because you never know what your current character’s highest stats are… It’s unreliable…

• Weapon and Armor Enchantments Decay or Reset Back To Enchantment lvl 1 - There are 3 tiers of enchantment, the white, green and purple tiers each increasing exponentially in stat numbers. In order to achieve white enchantment you have to offer the bare minimum required materials and the weapon/armor you want to enchant. The green tier requires you to offer extra materials that bring it over 200% and the purple tier over 300%… So I farm the heck out of materials and I enchant all my weapons/gear to 300% in order to get the enchantment I want at the highest possible purple stat. That works fine and dandy when the item is freshly enchanted. But I’ve noticed that over time those Enchantments go back to a white lvl 1 enchantment with much lower stats… I’ve even tried reenchanting to get the stats I want again and eventually those decay as well. If an enchant decay system is part of the game then we should have been informed… Right now for lvl 13 enchantments the materials are slow to farm and you would expect once you enchant something to a certain tier that it would stay there… I’ve lost tons of materials trying to fix this and have given up and left everything at a white enchantment because it would eventually reset/decay over time. This sucks because when you’re trying to add crit rate to characters like Garrison and Red Monika you need as much as you can to make use of their dps heavy perk builds, and you’re being gimped by this bug…

• Dungeon Mini Map Icons Are Missleading - Right now when you’re exploring a dungeon and you get the dungeon map and the little decoder that lets you see the Map’s icons. It always seems to keep displaying icons for things you’ve already uncovered or interacted with on the map. It’s my opinion that once you’ve already interacted with something and finished with its use, it should disappear from the mini map so it doesnt make you think you left something you didn’t do behind… For example fishing spots and treasure chests you’ve already emptied should continue appearing as icons in the dungeons, it’s missleading. At the end, when you’ve emptied out a dungeon nothing should really display anymore unless it’s a crafting/enchanting station or something like those that still has some use.

• Interactive Lore Items Like Books, Journals and Pages Shouldn’t Continue Spawning In Dungeons If You’ve Already Read Them - This feels weird to me that every time I enter a dungeon I see a shiny book asking me to interact with it and it’s just something I’ve already used over and over again with no new purpose. I understand when it’s one of those books that gives you 200g for checking the Forth Page for example but when it’s just the same Lore interactive items scattered around the dungeon, calling attention to themselves… It’s annoyingly missleading to attract the player to interact with them thinking they’ll get something from them and instead they see the same written message over and over, serving no purpose anymore… I would recommend turning these off once players have read them before or at least turn off their shiny effects to let us know we’ve already read them. If they’re not for a puzzle or hidden reward… They are counter productive while doing dungeon runs…

• Red Monika Feels Overpowered - I’m not one to complain about having a badass chick in the game but in her current state Red Monika is probably the deadliest character in the game while being significantly tanky and durable even if you go with a full DPS build… Her stats are pretty crazy, she has great Crit Rate and Evasion, high Attack Power, High HP, Moderate Magic and Physical Def… Her abilities are pretty insane as well, she can 1 shot almost anything with her Tier 2 Burst if she crits or with Ambush… It’s like she’s the Mary Sue of the game and you would be stupid not to always have her in your party of 3…

• After Acquiring “Fire Lord’s Ember” the “Flint” Item Becomes Obsolete and Continues To Stack In Your Inventory -This feels like either the Flint needs to be turned into a material item that can be sold or after you have the Fire Lord’s Ember you shouldn’t be able to collect more Flint… It turns into a dead item in your inventory collecting dust and stacking more and more…

• Vessel Altars In Dungeon’s That Require Vessels of War Are Buggy, No Matter How Many Monsters You Kill It Doesn’t Complete the Kill 10 Quest - I’ve ran into several of these in dungeon runs, they’re like crypts, tombs or sarcophagi adorned with skulls and trinkets and when you click on them they say something like “The vessel want’s to feel the trill of battle again…” But “The Vessel Of Glorious War” item which was obtained from The Dig Dungeon never activates anything after killing the 10 required monsters, nothing ever happens from interacting with these dungeon items. Is there something we should be doing in order to make them work? Do the 10 monsters need to be killed in 1 run of the dungeon or multiple runs? (Worked fine for Path of Fangs Dungeon vessel quest but Still Nothing for The Dig Dungeon after 29 runs of it…)

• Fish Monger’s Warf Is Too Far Away - It’s already kind of slow travelling through the game with the super slow run cycles of every character. Yeah there are a few warp points across the map that help you get closer but honestly the Fish Monger is a crucial NPC for when you’re farming shadow coins and you not only have to travel far across the map to find him but you also have to run for a good while in his instanced dungeon just to get to his hut and talk to him. I know that there are 2 fishing spots conveniently placed at the beginning of his map but this just feels like an odd decision to place such an important NPC in an isolated location and on top of it make you run across his instanced map a good while just to talk to him and run back to exit.

• All Fishing Gear Becomes Obsolete After Buying Purple Fishing Gear From “The Collector” - All fishing items sold at The Inn or by the Fish Monger are dead items that noone needs to buy after you spend like 25 shadow coins to buy a purple rod and lure from the Collector. They’re kind of too cheap to obtain and they turn fishing into easy mode.

• Fishing Mini-Game Is Not Fun or Challenging Which Makes It A Laborious Task - On the same note about the Purple Fishing Gear you can get from The Collector, once you get them, it makes fishing more of a burden than a fun pass time that allows you to make some progress… Purple fishing gear makes it so that all you have to do is cast the lure really close to shore and hold the <- Left Arrow Key and you will fish anything that bites 95% of the time. So it just turns into this annoying task that you almost never want to do in the middle of a dungeon because you rather do more fights instead of casting the lure in the same spot 10x times and reel some fish just to get meager shadow coin rewards from the fish monger. I bet you can make more shadow coins from speed running dungeons for artifacts to sell than from devoting time to fishing every fishing spot in every dungeon. The mini game was fun at first but once you’re decked out there’s no skill to it…

• Dungeon Puzzles/Mini-Games Become Redundant Once You’ve Already Figured Them Out - Usually after 2-3 runs of any dungeon, you will have come across all the different puzzles that dungeon has to offer and you can do these by memory after that because the solution or combination never changes… Maybe a higher level of randomness needs to be added to certain dungeons so they don’t feel so repetitive? I know they’re supposed to be instanced and randomly generated every new run but the puzzles always look the same and have the same solutions. Makes farming the dungeons again a mind-numbing experience.

• Sometimes Possessed Campfires Have Sound Glitches I deactivated several of these dark campfires that reward me with artifacts and their sound effects never go away after they’re deactivated or go away and then come back… You can hear them from any part of that same floor even if you’re not near them, kind of an annoying sound bug…

• Certain Floors of The Dig Dungeon Have Remnant Torches and Levers Hidden In Some Of The Map Corners And Serve No Purpose - I will try to screenshot the next time I see these but I’ve been running the Dig Dungeon while I wait for the official release of the game and I’ve noticed sometimes when I hug the dead ends of certain floors I can interact with a torch or a lever that does absolutely nothing… Feels like a leftover asset that whoever was building that map left in the game by mistake and forgot to remove it…

• Sky Lieutenant Airships Seem To Appear Completely Random After Completing Certain Dungeons - This random mini boss battle feels like it’s inconsistent. Sometimes you can expect an airship to be nearby when you complete a dungeon while other times one never comes and then out of nowhere if you leave the game running while in the world map you’ll get randomly attacked by an airship… I just feels like this needs to be developed a little more or can the devs tell us which dungeons they actually appear after completion? I’ve only noticed them come out more often after completing the Iron Outpost and Junktown… But it feels like such a random thing that happens in the game with no lore or reasoning behind it, it’s just a tough mini boss fight that gives you an artifact and a Salvaged Behemoth Cannon that still has no use…

• Why Can’t We Enchant Weapons/Equipment in Town With Mercuri? - Why can we only Enchant when we randomly find an Enchanting Station in Dungeons? It feels like Mercuri in Town would be a perfect candidate for Enchanting Gear… Yet she is currently called “Book Of Secrets” and barely helps with quests and sells some materials… Seems like an NPC with limited use or wasted potential.

• Balefire Cavern Seems Like a Huge Empty Map With Limited Use After Boss Fight - I don’t know if there will be more to this map after Beta but right now after you defeat the Elemental boss, you get a treasure chest and access to an Enchanting Station that let’s you enchant weapon ignite on hit or crit rate into armor… It is the only station that let’s you Enchant Crit Rate to Armor… Feels like there’s so much travel time just to be able to do a few simple enchantments… This map on the other hand is pretty large, larger than most floors in every dungeon so far and after completing it there’s not much to do in it…

• The Sewers Seem Like a Huge Empty Map With Limited Use After Boss Fight - Just like Balefire Cavern, once you’re done beating the bosses for the 2 quests here, you never need to come back. I will say you get some of the best gear from the Beta for Garrison here but that’s about it once the quests are over… Now it’s just an empty map without replayability.

Overall I hope I’m not demanding too much from the game or the Devs, I’m just worried about its longevity and replayability. Once we finish the main story quests, will there be valid reasons(extra content) to come back and invest time into the late stages of the game? Or will it be a once you finish you’re kind of done type deal? I just really love the characters and current level of polish the game has but I worry about it getting stale after beating it. Anyway I’m sure I’ve ran into more issues but can’t remember them right now, when I think of more new ones I’ll post them. Hope these help and I’m open to discuss any of the issues in detail if anyone wants.

you should spend some more time playing the game or exploring a bit

example
“The Vessel Of Glorious War” needs to be filled with souls of defeated enemies (game does this automatically) and when its full can be returned to the same altar on different run through for a reward

“Max The Mouse” read the quest/text associated with what max the mouse says when you find him and you have to go do a thing and get a reward.

Thanks for the reply @Kharmakazi

On the subject of “The Vessel of War” I’ve ran dungeons multiple times, mostly The Dig. Every time I run into the altar it still gives me the same message. I’ve killed a ton of monsters, so many that the only Bestiary Perk quest I got left in the Beta is gaining 10 Treasure Elemental Kills (Got 6 atm…). I was curious if the reward you were referring to was the Quest item “Vessel of Glorious War”? Also if you’ve revisited the altar after clearing the dungeon? Because I’ve never done that, I’ve usually cleared the dungeon reset it and restart it, on my next run I’ll try returning to it after beating the boss without resetting the dungeon…

On the subject of “Max the Mouse”, I read the text when I first got him and he just said he would come with me. So what quest text are you referring to? I looked at the “Journal” and the “Lore” tabs and didn’t see something about it… Please point me in the right direction…

MAx asks that you take him to his masters laboratory work bench so he can try and reverse the spell during your initial conversation with him, the laboratory is located in the sewers as well, its the bench located in the area down the ladder said something along the lines of “this bench is dusty and hasnt been used in awhile”

the vessel of glorious war once you have taken it and it has been filled when you return there it gives you the option to put it back on the altar which you can do, I handed mine in back in on a 2nd/3rd/4th run through as i completely forgot it was in my inventory

the altar still appears in the dungeon after you have completed it the first time and just tells you that its full and there is nothing here for you to do, there is also a version of this event in the Path of Fangs dungeon called the vessel of glorious war that gives a less powerful version of this award if the one in the dig is not letting you do anything you may have that one and it needs to be returned to the Path of Fangs dungeon

Ok cool I returned max to the workbench and got a ring from it. I had visited that workbench various times but never with Max in my inventory, I had just found him in the sewers recently.

Going to try Path of Fangs again, for the vessel task I think it’s the dungeon I’ve played the least outside of the required quest.

Still haven’t heard from the Devs on any of these topics, wonder if they’ve even seen this post… (Shameless Bump)

Hey, @Omni_Games! We have seen this post, and your input has made the rounds on our big list of feedback items. Sorry for not responding sooner; we’re going into heads down mode in preparation for release. You’ll hear back from us on the forums again soon!

Thanks for the reply @ortizgames, just wanted to make sure you guys got to see it, I spent a lot of time on it and tried to be as objective as possible with my constructive criticism.