Backer rewards: restrictions?

We are mere weeks from the release of Battle Chasers: Nightwar! :scream:

Having said that, I am curious if backer rewards will be available on all platforms/consoles or if they will be restricted to select versions. The rewards I am referring to are the “Explorer’s Item Pack” and the “Backer-Exclusive Combat Portraits”. Will these be available to backers who choose PS4, Xbox One or Switch? Or will this be limited to backers who choose the PC version? If PC only, will they be available on GOG or just Steam?

On a semi-related note; if I choose to upgrade to a physical copy of the game, does the free PC digital copy have to be a Steam version? I understand not offering free console keys since they cost money, but why not offer GOG codes? Unless something changed behind the scenes, GOG doesn’t charge developers for keys.

To tie all of this together; will the free PC digital copies (and/or any gift copies of the game) include the reward items I mentioned above? Or will those items be restricted to just one copy of the game?

My apologies for the barrage of questions. I am just trying to decide whether to upgrade to a physical PS4 version or if I should just stick with my digital GOG version. Thank you in advance for any clarification you can provide.

I think this response from Ryan will answer one of your questions. Maybe him seeing the link will give it extra attention and further clarification if needed.

Thanks, @PTSinger, but that post is actually what lead to me asking this question:

@strangelove said they’re not offering free console keys with the physical upgrades because those types of keys cost money. As a developer, Steam will straight up give you as many keys for your game as you want, but GOG does the same thing. I am not a Steam user, so the free Steam key would be wasted on me. A GOG key, however, would be right up my alley.

We might be able to do GoG as well, yeah.

whispering “It worked” :wink:

That’s great to hear. What about the backer exclusive items? Will they be available in the console versions or only the PC versions? And will we get those items in the free Steam/GOG copies as well?

@strangelove Sorry to bug you about this as I’m sure you’re caught up in bug reports for the beta, but I don’t know how much longer the upgrade offer will be available and I don’t want to miss my opportunity.

In regards to the backer exclusive items (Explorer’s Item Pack & Backer-Exclusive Combat Portraits), will these be available to backers who choose to receive a console version of the game? Or are they going to be exclusive to the PC versions?

Also, will those exclusive items be limited to one copy? Or will gift copies and/or the bonus Steam/GOG keys have access to those items as well?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

You’ll be able to use the code on consoles as well! I think we can support bonus keys, too. Not guaranteed, but we’ll see how that plays out.

Thank you for the speedy reply, sir! I have bitten the bullet and upgraded to a PS4 copy! Fingers crossed that the “free Steam copy” can be turned into a GOG copy. :wink: