I basically never play games for more than 30 minutes anymore. Nothing grabs me but due to my love for the Battlechasers comic/characters, my love for the art in this game (OMG SO GOOD!) and generally everything so far about the game…I’ve basically been hooked since Wednesday. I don’t even have THAT much to give feedback on, just tiny little things that I see could be improved in order of importance (eg. tiny to maybe not worth even looking at!)…such as:
- I feel that comparing inventory items could be easier to read. At the moment I’m finding it a little tricky to do so at a glance. I think having ALL elements up to compare, like it does in the items page in the inventory section rather than how it works in the character selection screen would be better. eg. have dashes for elements that have no change, and +/- like it does on elements that do change. Also showing what each element it currently has would be good too…
- The overworld map needs an icon for where you are, and probably where you are going…or key locations that apply to current quests. I can figure it out after a while of course, but time is money yo!
- Some of the enemies have REALLY strong attacks that can hit every character…I found that as I was playing ‘around my level’ I still had some battles where I was destroyed by those in one or two hits. Makes it difficult to balance spells and healings and revivals when everyone is actually dead.
- Icons in battle summaries seem too small, as if they were meant for the inventory, but they are being used in the battle summary as temporary images until larger ones can be used.
- I think you should be able to reel in the fishing line at any time, not only when a fish has been caught. It would add a little more gameplay in there rather than hit a button and wait. If a fish crosses within the line space, you can reel it back in for that…I would actually put the ability to reel it in at any time, and take out the automatic disappearance of the line. Moving the line could maybe attract fish from a greater distance too as if it were a bug on the water moving?
- slime dripping from slime related environments in the battle screen seem more like glitches rather than actual slime. It’s too thin and too quick to look like actual slime. It took me a few close watches to realise it wasn’t actually a weird glitch.
- There is a spelling mistake in the first time you talk to…oh, what’s his name…the new guy who will join you party you have to get the stone for. It’s a REALLY obvious spelling mistake, so I thought it stood out. I’m sure there’s others but that was a key word, rather than generic vocab/grammar.
- I’m not so good at the small bugs…simply cos I was too impressed by the music and visuals.
And things I’m REALLY loving :
- The art. I mean…the ART! Since the first exploration area loaded I was in love. Can’t wait to see the rest of the game. If anything the price of entry was worth that (and I got the physical art book version). Kudos for such an amazing job.
- The music. Every release over the course of development has been amazing, and the game itself keeps the quality right up there. Congrats on such an awesome job there.
- Character in Characters. Each character seems to play into the characters I know so well from the comics. The voice acting is pretty great (although I felt Knolan would be a little more gravely than clean, and Calibretto would be deeper…but I finally know what Hmmmmzzt was meant to sound like!) but the animations in particular are spot on as is the spells. Knolans basic spell with the arcane baseball hit (you’d think I would have memorised all the spells by now) I do all the time just to WATCH it!
- Did I say I love the art? I really like the art.
- Basically everything else so far too to be honest.
I CAN NOT WAIT for the full game release. I’ll be playing and replaying everything I can in the game to max out all of the things. I also can not wait for the physical rewards, but I’m sure the beta and game will keep me more than amused until they arrive
Keep up the great work guys! You’ve done a MARVELOUS job with this.